Sunday 29 July 2012

Counting Down The Days...

Okay, so I'm off to America (Washington DC) alone in 7 days. That's 167 hours, which is 10,080 minutes..which is 604,800 seconds. You can probably guess how anxious I am.. seeing as though I feel the need to know how many seconds away I am from being a loner above the Atlantic..with a lovely American family waiting for me at the arrival gates in the state of Virginia.

Due to the fact that the last 18 months of my life have been so unfortunately difficult for oh-so-many reasons.. I felt that leaving the Howell nest (which was so wonderfully built by my Mum and Dad) is necessary..in order to build some much needed confidence and to become a more independent person. So, after a bit of family research and a few lunches with the grandparents, I have been fortunate enough to get the opportunity to spend 3 weeks in the U S of A with very distant (and unknown on my part) family friends.
I appreciate the fact that some may not consider this 'travelling alone' as I will be looked after (to an extent).. But for all of you that know how much of a pansy I am.. It's a big deal. I've found it so difficult to 'flee the nest' (hence the whole dropping out of uni twice thing..).. So having pretty much the whole chunk of my summer approximately 3578 miles away from home, with a random family fills me with butterflies and somehow.. a bit of dread? But we'll see how it goes.

I have also developed a strange comfort zone at Blockbuster, where I work.. and been a bit of a musketeer with Jon and Selina. So, being absent from all that will feel weird. Going to miss the joys of checking miserable customer's DVDs in and trying to get people to fork over £20 fines.. (obvs I'm joking.. or maybe not.. I really am that sad..) Anyway.. the dreaded process of rambling in a blog is starting to kick in.. So for now I will leave my first post as that.

I'm off to town to get some Dollar.
Holla'

(really don't pull that off.. at all)


2 comments: