Thursday 16 August 2012

DC and The Outback

Today was another 'explore DC on my own' day :)

I had a very slight lie in (apart from James waking me up at half 8- don't you get that I'm 5 hours behind James?!?) and eventually woke up at around 9:15. Big lie in for me.. Seeing as though it's always a 7:45am get up for me at home.

After a bowl of cereal, I washed my gross New York polluted hair, which took like half an hour.. then got dressed and walked to the nearest bus stop.

I got off at Rosslyn station and proceeded to take the metro to a place called Foggy Bottom. I deliberately stopped here because I knew that there was a Whole Foods Market. I've developed a massive weakness for this shop and I'm ohhhh so glad one is opening in Cheltenham! Had yet another incredible salad there... Along with buying Hannie (http://hannahdoeshealthy.blogspot.co.uk) some healthy treats that she will hopefully enjoy :)

Next, I took the metro to the centre of DC (where all the museums are- 'the mall'). At first, I couldn't really make up my mind where I wanted to go because I was so tired (still from new York).. I didn't want to do too much to tire me out even more. So I went to just the Air and Space Museum. It was really cool. Aeroplanes and space ships hanging from the ceiling, IMAX theatres, simulators, step in cockpits.. they had a lot to do! But I was shattered.. So I walked in and out of all the rooms and read up on all the mercury and Apollo missions.. Then eventually left to go to the metro. I was so so close to falling asleep on the metro and bus home.

Back to the house- watched a few episodes of 'So You Think You Can Dance?' and 'Friends' with Daniel.. Then I had to get ready to go out for dinner with the other members of the family. Daniel had work.

STEAK and veggies at an Australian restaurant called 'The Outback'- YUM.

Bedtime- eyes are literally closing as I write.

Sleepies.

Hola'

No comments:

Post a Comment