Wednesday 8 August 2012

Seg-leg and a frozen yoghurt..

I know I have already posted- but that was for yesterday. I'm wide awake(ish) now, so y'all can hear about what I got up to today.. (except all my babes at home who are snuggled in bed, or at feva right now.)

So this morning I woke up with seg-leg. Seg-leg is apparently the terminology for the cramp on your leg after a day of riding a Segway. It's due to the fact that your legs are constantly straight for 3 hours.. and so your calves are strained. Seg-leg would be alright if I was lying in bed all day (a bit like what I usually do at home).. But today I was a proper tourist and toured round and inside the political monuments (so walking around all day long.)

So firstly, we got a tour around the capitol building- the meeting place of the USA congress and the venue of presidential inaugurations. I wasn't really allowed to take photos inside, but I got a lovely one of the outside. (FACT about the monument- the bronze statue on top had to be delivered to the states in 6 parts and the statue's torso actually sunk the ship it was being brought on because it was so heavy! Also, the dome of the building weighs a whopping 9 million pounds. Crazy!) So yeah, in all- an awesome building and extremely extravagant inside!

Next, we moved on to the Library of Congress. Again, cameras were prohibited, so I didn't manage to take any photos there. The building itself is basically used by the USA Congress and houses over 22 million books! The library is used to research inquiries made by members of the Congress. For all of you who are falling asleep right now- its just a place where government people find law books and stuff. - Again, an amazing building though!

The last political building we toured was the Supreme Court- so where all the massive, important and political cases are sorted. The building was absolutely huge (like the others) but unfortunately under a lot of construction. There were basically just loads of paintings of judges along corridors in this one. There was a bit of an awkward moment when we walked through a door and sat down thinking that we were taking part in a tourist thing but eventually looked around and saw posh lawyer like people taking notes and watching a video clip about law crap. We looked like right fools wearing practically beach wear amongst people dressed in like ball gowns! - cringe.

Moving on- at this point I was literally nearly passing out from the heat. It's been ridiculously humid today. I hadn't eaten since 9am, my Seg-leg was acting up, my contacts were itching and I had a headache- nat good.

So Daniel (one of the sons I am staying with) took me to get some frozen yoghurt. He wanted me to order so I would say YOG-urt instead of YO-gurt so that I would be laughed at.. But it turned out the person who served us was from Bristol.. So who's laughing now?! But anyway- oh my Jesus christ. That frozen yoghurt was one of the best things I have ever eaten in my entire life. It was crazy good. Had so so so so so many different types to choose from. So I went for mango and watermelon, with brownie bits, fresh fruit and honey granola. Amazing. (picture below.)

After that, we went to the Cheesecake Factory (yes, I will be getting fat on this holiday) and I bought my first ever slice of American cheesecake! How exciting. (Obviously saving it for later as I just ate a mound of what essentially tasted like full fat ice cream!)

- Got driven back to the house. Now nearly passed out on the bed.

Fantastic day- I'm a happy bunny I am. :)

Tomorrow.. Is going to be incredible. Britta.. Tomorrow is the day of all days!



Hola'

No comments:

Post a Comment