Sunday 5 August 2012

Scrooge

So at 6am tomorrow morning, I will be leaving to go Stateside. That's pretty much 10 hours away from now. Got to admit, the stomach isn't feeling too great.. Still jam packed full of butterflies. But then again, it could be from the binge drinking last night. (Got to give a shout out to Jon and Selina right now- they put on a great show last night. I love drunk people.) Anyway, yeah I've now finally packed all my things together and it's seeming even more real. I am going. Denial can piss off. Not going to lie, that drive to Heathrow tomorrow morning is not going to be great..and honestly, it may even be a 'Homeward Bound' moment.. I'm going to shed a few tears. But then again, that's going to be nothing in comparison to the epic 'Seven Pounds' moment I will have when my parents leave me at customs! I'm also so pathetic that I felt the need to just stand by the counter in Blockbuster for an hour today.. refusing to leave .. Awesome. Even though I'm only going for 3 weeks.. It somehow feels like I'm going for a life time and never coming back! Weird.

One of the main things I'm nervous about is the fact that my birthday is unfortunately happening whilst I'm away. I absolutely positively HATE my birthday. It's the biggest downer of a day and I never want it to happen. I'm such a Scrooge when it arrives. I'm so bad that when my lovely friends once surprised me with balloons and cake etc.. I burst into tears and very angrily insisted that I wanted to be on my own and stormed off to take a shower. Weirdo. So yeah, I dread to think what the family I am staying with have planned (and yes, they do know). Americans are stereo-typically very friendly and bubbly when it comes to birthday celebrations.. So let's hope I don't hide under the table when the gross song is sung to me, just like I have done almost every year of my life! Did I mention I'm turning 20? I'm a big 20 year old baby. Jesus.

On a brighter note, I've been in contact with the Mother and Son of the family I'm staying with today and they both seem lovely, so that's put my nerves at ease. A little bit. Looks like I'm going to get on really well with the Son (and no, not like that). I am hoping I get to meet some of his friends though, so I can act extra extra posh so they can fall madly in love with me. Not.



Going to leave it as that. Totally pointless blog post..but I had a bit of a craving to write. I need a cup of tea.. Next blog post will most likely be written in the airport.. when I'm a loner.

Hola'


P.S I promised I'd give my bestest a shout out. Hey Loat. Don't get up to anything too naughty in Ibiza. No acting out 50 Shades Of Grey.. unless you have done already! Skype me. Lovewoo x

No comments:

Post a Comment