Sunday 5 August 2012

Journey 2: Washington DC

Just arrived at Terminal 3 in Heathrow. It's so busy and scary. Denial is bloomin' happening again and I genuinely don't feel like I'm going. I'm standing in the bag drop queue waiting to hand over my passport. Kill me now...

Okay so I've left the fam. Thanks Mam, for crying.. You set me off! Looked like a right idiot in floods of tears at customs... More of a 'Homeward Bound II' moment.. I had a drug swab test on my bag as well. Fools. All fine now. Just browsing trough duty free... Stay tuned.

Perfume bought. Right so now I'm sitting and staring at the screen that tells me which gate to go find. Boarding is at 10, so I have a little while to go yet. Hate being a massive loner right now. Really feel like I need someone to talk to me or at least just sit by me. Which is ironic as I've moaned previously about that happening.. But right now i just feel sad. I know it will get better though because I actually love flying.. And weirdly keeno on airline food. Always have been.. I blame dad for that. There's just something about a bread roll chilling in a bubble..
Guess I'll just sit here for a while.

Gate 22. Took about 20 bloody minutes to get there. But I'm here now, sitting next to some loud mouthed American girls. Shut uuup.

Sitting in the plane now, waiting to take off. I have an aisle seat, which is exactly what I wanted.. So there's a pro. No one is sitting next to me yet...another pro. We're close to departure, so I'm hoping it will just be an extra seat for me to pass out on. Fingers crossed. Just been flicking through all of the movies and I'm a bit annoyed.. Because all these damn movies are all movies that I've had to deal with at work. Customers endlessly renting War Horse, Woman on black, ghost rider 2.. Boring boring boring. American Pie Reunion is here though, so I'll give that a try.
It's really hard to blog when I'm literally just sitting wrapped up in a Virgin Atlantic blanket. Snore.

Just started my second film- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, and I've just had a sudden rush of nerves. I'm guessing I have about 4/5 hours to go until I arrive in Washington.. That's 4/5 hours to man up and prepare myself for when I see a stranger holding up my name as I come through the arrivals gate..
Hah. Might as well mention that as I was just writing that, the air hostess fell onto my seat, resulting in her taking my nose out with her arse. Cringe.

I have been so spoilt on this flight! Virgin Atlantic is amazing. In bog standard economy, I've had free drinks, free magazines, a three course meal (which i got to choose!), a gu dessert and an ice lolly.. so far..I have a cupcake and British cheese with biscuits to come. This is some crazy stuff. Butterflies still there though.

That's enough for my airport/aircraft blog post. You can probably guess that all I'll talk about is nerves anyway.. So, you get the idea.

Speak Laters.

Hola'




No comments:

Post a Comment