Thursday 9 August 2012

Georgetown and dirty feet.

I swear I'm still on London time. This morning I woke up at 5:30- went back to sleep, 6:30- went back to sleep, 7:30- went back to sleep, then woke up at around 8 ish and gave up with trying to sleep. I feel and look tired all day long.. so I'm really hoping my body snaps out of London mode.

Anyway, today after I woke up, Daniel and I went for a run (slash walk) around the neighbourhood just so I can get to know my way around. It was disgusting. Even walking at snail pace in the 90 degrees of heat and extreme humidity made me look like I'd just got out the shower. It really was not pretty. Surprisingly I did actually run/jog a few blocks down hill.. Absolutely killed me but it had to be done to counteract the American eating I had planned for later in the day.

So we went to Georgetown today. A really pretty town that looks slightly old fashioned.. dotted with numerous ice cream shops, cupcake shops, pizza parlours.. and some clothing shops. It was just really really.. nice. There was a LOT of walking involved to get there though. Tonnes. Just to get from metro stop to metro stop and from one shop to another.. It really killed our feet.

I'm obsessed with cupcakes. So, as this town houses many many bakeries.. I thought I should take advantage. The first cupcakery we stopped at was called 'Sprinkles'.. Which is owned by the lady who opened the first ever cupcake shop. I ordered a dark chocolate and banana cupcake. It was incredible. You can't find a cake like that anywhere.. Not even Waitrose.

The next place we stopped off at (we being Daniel, some of his college friends and me) was a place called 'Baked and Wired'.. I didn't get anything from here because I was saving the dollar for the next stop. Daniel however bought a Maple bacon cupcake (weirrrrd- apparently not in America.)

So, after buying some nail varnish from Sephora, it was time to visit the best cupcake store in the entire world.. 'Georgetown Cupcake'.. I'm obsessed with their tv show. I need to get out more. But yes, this place was the big time top banana of all places... And I only wish that Britta was there to share the time with me because we both wub cupcakes and this show too much. But anyway, I had to be a pig and order another cupcake- so I went with pumpkin spice. God know why I chose it.. But it was all on my instincts. I haven't eaten it yet though- it's in the refrigerator.

After that amazing experience, we stopped off for some dinner at 'Sweet Green'- a salad bar where Hannah (http://hannahdoeshealthy.blogspot.co.uk) would absolutely LOVE. You get to pretty much create your own salad. You pick lettuce type , 4 veggies, something crunchy, 1 protein, bread and dressing. So Hannah, you would have loved it. (I had quinoa added to mine as well! ;))

Next, I had to have another frozen yoghurt. We were stood right next to the place- why not! Hadn't eaten my Georgetown cupcake yet and I had salad for dinner, so I was good to go!

Had a long walk to the metro- then home to watch some Olympic diving. Sitting down felt absolutely incredible.. Was a very happy bunny at this point.. Then I looked at my feet. The soles were literally jet black. Disgusting.

Anyway, todays post has obviously been very food orientated..So I apologise for its boring-ness.

Tomorrow I have a day in DC all on my own... Going to be interesting..

Hola'

No comments:

Post a Comment